Wish List

Sunday, August 13, 2017

Have a magical day...


This card is perfect for a young girl, don't you think? I love fairies and have three different fairy dies (all unbranded). This one is my favorite of the three.

My starry sky background was also cut with an unbranded die, but my moon was cut with a Lifestyle Crafts die. The sentiment was computer generated.


My background was made by first cutting the starry panel out of blue cardstock and then inking the edges with some navy blue ink. I love how that looks!


















The inside of my card was simple with just a stamped "Happy Birthday" and a few heat embossed stars, made with some sparkly white embossing powder.


Well, my computer is STILL at the shop...and it looks like it will be there for several more weeks. In fact, they said the local techs can't find the problem, so they need to send it in to the manufacturer. There is the chance that when the manufacturer has their people work on it, they will wipe all the data off of it!!! They asked if I wanted a back up done before it was sent in. Um...yesssss!
 
I'm a little worried about the programs that are on it, like Photoshop, Silhouette Designer Edition, Microsoft Office Suite, etc. I've told them these programs are all important to me and I want them back on my computer when they return it to me. Guess we'll see how that goes.
 
I think until I get my machine back (in good working order), I will be posting only once a week. We will be traveling for the month of September, so it will be really hard for me to do more than that. I hope you'll continue to hang in there with me until I have returned from my travels and have my computer back in good working order.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

6 comments:

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Such a sweet card Cheryl! Sorry to hear about your computer problems! Technology is wonderful when it is working well, but when it goes wrong . . . well, bummer! Of course we will all be here when you return from your travels (we are also away for the whole of September too). Safe journeys my friend! Luv & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Darnell said...

I think it is a beautiful card for any age girl, Cheryl! The execution is fantastic!! I hope your computer comes back to you with all the programs you want so you can avoid the hassle of starting over. And I hope you have a wonderful holiday in September! I'll be here when your computer comes back and you come back, God-willing and the creek don't rise!! Hugs, Darnell

designbydonna said...

Lovely card. Everyone needs to have a magical day. Isn't this a daily new computer? Or is it time to upgrade. Sometimes It turns out cheaper to buy a new one. Do hope they can save all your data. I had that lost data experience and it is no fun trying to recreate it. Safe travels--that will take your mind off the computer.

Glittered Paws said...

I just recently discovered that I like fairies too and bought a couple of die that are very cute. Doesn't our life "change" without our computer??? Have a fun trip in September.

Patti J said...

Cheryl, this is so sweet! Yes, it's perfect for ANY girl, even us older girls! Thanks for sharing. Good luck with your computer issues, and hope your September is fun!

Lynne in NI said...

Awww sweet little Tinkerbell card, LOVE your starry die cut!
Have fun on your travels, hopefully your pc will be out of hospital by the time you get home :)