Wish List

Thursday, July 7, 2016

Simple (but fun) thank you card...

I picked this paper stack up in the thrift store where I volunteer. Recently, I was going through it, trying to find something to use on a thank you card.

I found this cute design, and decided to use it, along with a few embellishments.


First I took a couple of these flowers and used my ProMarkers to color them a light blue to match the blue on the paper.


















I put them right over the top of the printed flower head and added a red enamel dot in the center.

I also used my red Viva Décor pen to add some tiny, red dimensional dots at the end of the two thin fronds coming out from the stem.










After cutting my paper to fit my card base, I added some red rickrack and a sentiment (SU Word Window punch and a Lifestyle Crafts die).


On the inside of my card, I added just the blue and green stripe with a little of the rickrack at the top to tie it in with my card front.

Easy peasy! I love it when cute and/or pretty papers can do most of the work for you.






We went and got our RV out of storage tonight. We're taking a short little trip next week, so I need to make sure it is clean and loaded with food, clothes, and all the other stuff we'll need to keep us content while we travel. I'm really looking forward to getting away for a few days again. My DH has meetings to attend during this trip, so I'll have time to sit and read and maybe even design a few cards! There are lots of summer birthdays in our family, so I need to get those cards made, pronto!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl


6 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Thank you keeping my family in your thoughts and prayers Cheryl :) That means so much! Your card is beautiful! Love your gorgeous blossom!

debby4000 said...

Such a gorgeous and beautiful card, love the flower.
luv
Debby

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Love what you did with that flower Cheryl and the colour scheme is fabulous! Sorry I haven't been around much lately. After being away for three weeks I have had so much to do on my return, still not back to normal! Have a great week! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

designbydonna said...

Beautiful. Great way to make designer paper your own. Love the big blue flower.

Glittered Paws said...

Aww...what a cute card - love it when you can make somehting from your "stash.

Sue said...

I have this paper stack, and I love what you did with the flower and your entire card. Very creative. Since I am working backwards on commenting here, glad you enjoyed your trip, fun to get away for a short trip.

Hugs
Sue