Wish List

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

You deserve a break today...

Do you remember the classic McDonald's TV ad with the jingle, "You deserve a break today...?" If not, you can listen to a 1970s version here and a 1980s version here.

For some reason, that jingle came to mind when I was thinking about what kind of card I'd like to make my grandson for his 11th birthday. This is what I came up with:

The "full meal deal" was another old advertising campaign, but I think it might have actually been Dairy Queen that used that one.



The soda bottle and burger were cut with my Cricut using the Nifty Fifties cartridge. I cut the bottle from a piece of vellum cardstock and tinged it with a bit of green using a ProMarker.

The burger was cut from white cardstock and each layering piece was colored with ProMarkers. I love how it turned out doing that. It enabled me to add some shading to all the pieces and make it look more realistic.





This time the inside of my card is pretty plain, with just a computer-generated sentiment. I left lots of room to write a personal note.

I told my grandson he'd need his mom to sing the jingle for him (I just hope she remembers it!), so he would know what it's suppose to sound like.

I think this card would work for all ages, don't you? The soda bottle and burger were really fun to put together. It was also fun to cut with my Cricut again. It's been a looooooong time since I've done that. I've been too enamored with the Silhouette Cameo to even think about using my Cricut. I'm going to try to use it a bit more in the future, though. What's the use of having a machine if you don't use it???

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

6 comments:

designbydonna said...

Great guy card. Love the sentiments.

Taunya Butler said...

How awesome is this?? It is so cool and looks yummy too!! You did such a great job with these die cuts - everything looks real!! Wouldn't it be fun to include a gift card for the local McDonald's or burger joint? This is just too much fun!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a fun card Cheryl! Perfect for all ages indeed! Love the shading on the bun!

Lynne in NI said...

Heee what a fab card! I don't know any of those slogans, but then we didn't get our first McD's in Belfast until the early 1990's! I guess they were waiting for us to stop bombing our own city centre!

Glittered Paws said...

Yes - it would work for all ages - who doesn't "love"McDonalds or DQ. You really use your cutting machine - makes me think about it a little but no place to put it. Great card.

Karen Dunbrook said...

so cute and fun...I do remember that jingle too...
TFS