Wish List

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Another card with a partial die-cut border...

I recently had so much fun using the partial die-cut border technique (see my Sept. 5 post)  that I decided to try it again with another die. This time I used a Christmas holly flourish die by Cheery Lynn:

Using this die and the technique taught by Jennifer McGuire in this video, I made this card:

After I had completed my partial die-cut border, I also die-cut the Merry Christmas (Dee's Distinctively) from the white card as well as from some red cardstock. I wanted to be able to inlay the red sentiment. Before I did that, however, I embossed the plain portion (not the partial die-cut border) in my Cuttlebug using the Swiss Dots embossing folder.

Here's a little closer look at the partial die-cut border. I dressed it up with some tiny red pearls, and that was it! I think it looks so pretty as a border and I'm definitely going to make some more Christmas cards using this die this way.

For the inside of my card, I cut a couple of holly leaves (also a Cheery Lynn die) out of the same green cardstock that I used on the rest of the card. I used my 1/8" hole punch to create three little berries.

My sentiment stamp is from Hero Arts.

If you've never tried this partial die-cutting technique, I highly recommend it. It gives you a whole new way to use your dies.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

3 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

Love this one - looks so different partial cut. Great job.

Taunya Butler said...

What a wonder this card is!!! Love the partial die cutting!! and embossing the bottom portion is so cool and looks so awesome!! This is just a very lovely card - so many amazing techniques you used that all came together to create this gorgeous work of heart!! I love it!!! Hope you have an amazing week!!

Hannelie said...

The pearls are the perfect touch!