Wish List

Saturday, August 29, 2015

Don't think of yourself as growing older...

Today is my brother-in-law's birthday--Happy Birthday, Leigh! This is the card I made for him:
The candles were created with a stamp that I purchased at a thrift shop. It's a clear stamp and there was no original packaging left to indicate the company that sold it. I stamped it on several different colors of cardstock and heat-embossed with several different colors of embossing powder. Then I fussy-cut them, cutting off the flame.

To complete my candles, I stamped them an extra time on white cardstock so that I could emboss just the flames with gold embossing powder. Then I colored in the remaining parts of the flames with a couple of ProMarkers, fussy-cut the complete candles (with flames) and glued them behind my flameless candles.


The sentiment was computer-generated and then cut out with a Lifestyle Crafts ticket die.

The candles were adhered to a stitched starburst die from My Creative Time.

I selected three enamel dots that were the same colors as the dots on the DSP to add a bit more embellishment. I suppose I could have left them off since this is a "man's" card, but I just couldn't help myself! Even a man's card needs a bit of bling, right?








For the inside of the card, I used a slightly different DSP (I didn't have another piece of the one I used on the front), but it has basically the same design and colors - it's from the same 6" X 6" pad.

Since men's cards can be difficult, I decided to make two of these!  Here's the second one:


And the inside of this one:



Yay, me! Two masculine cards done in one day!


















I hope you have a fabulous weekend. I know I'm going to try!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

6 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

Awesome birthday cards - love how you did the candles and adapted this design for both girl/boy cards.

Lynne in NI said...

Hahahaha what a great sentiment! Fab cards, men are so hard to make cards for, but these are perfect Cheryl!

Hannelie said...

Hehe... I am also reaching the stage where I don't want to be reminded of 'the number' !
Great cards Cheryl!

Sue said...

Fun birthday cards to give a giggle and take the sting out of turning a year older. Great bright fun colors too.

Hugs
Sue

Ammaris Art said...

Great cards Cheryl, so colorful and funny! I love them!
Hugs, Catherine xx

Taunya Butler said...

So fun to see not one, but two masculine birthday cards - oh, how I struggle with those - THESE ARE AWESOME!!! Love the touch of humor too! I am so impressed and love the details on those candles - almost look real!! Have a great day!!