Wish List

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Geranium get well card...

I always plant geraniums in a couple of large planters by my front door. I often also plant a few in my front flower garden, but they're almost always red. The most prevalent colors for geraniums seems to be the various shades of red and pink, with a few white ones thrown in for good measure. When I was going to color this image, I did a little hunt online for other colors of geraniums, and I found some that looked like this:
I used my ProMarkers to color it and then put it away in my images file. Recently, I pulled it out and matted it on a piece of black cardstock to be the focal point of a get well card. I'm not even sure anymore where I got this image. It could be digital or from a stamp I borrowed. I'm sorry I am unable to give credit where credit is due! If you happen to recognize it, please let me know in the comments.

The color of the card base matches the fuchsia pink in my geranium pretty closely. It actually looks quite dramatic IRL. The dotted line that you see around my green mat was done with one of the dies from the Dots & Dashes set of border dies by Paper Smooches. Don't you think it adds a nice detail?


I stamped my sentiment with Versafine ink onto a Spellbinder's Fancy Labels die-cut. There are three labels in the set, and this one is my favorite. It provides just the right spot for two fuchsia pearls.

On the inside of my card, I added a white rectangle matted with black so that I would have a place to write a personal note.

I hope you are enjoying a wonderful Spring day, wherever you are. It is 60+ degrees here today (and even much warmer in the sun), so I've been enjoying an opportunity to paint a little towel rack outside that will go in my new bathroom. It is so much easier to do those kinds of chores outdoors.

It won't be long now and our bathroom will be back together and looking better than ever. I can't wait!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

7 comments:

Sue said...

Beautiful card. The flower is lovely, and I too love that dotted border looks fabulous, Cheryl.

Hugs
Sue

Hannelie said...

Beautiful coloring Cheryl!
This is such pretty card!

Mona Pendleton said...

Wow! This is stunning Cheryl! What a beautifully colored Geranium! You brought it to life!

Glittered Paws said...

Very pretty and beautiful colors.

designbydonna said...

Beautiful flower. Very pretty card. I like the color combo.

Lynne in NI said...

Wowee your colouring on your flower is fabulous Cheryl!
Oh thanks for the tip on using tumble dryer sheets for die cutting, I've never heard that one before but I'm definitely going to give it a try :)

Taunya Butler said...

Cheryl - impressive and beautiful!!! Love the coloring you did on this flower and the totally great job you did with the shading!! Styling and design of this card is AWESOME!!! Love the die cuts you used and the way this whole card came together - what a delight!!!