Wish List

Monday, December 8, 2014

A design using my Gypsy...

I don't often design special cuts on my Gypsy, but every once in a while, I like to experiment.

This is my most recent attempt at a new design. I used George to create a frame and then welded a snowflake to the frame at one end.  The snowflake came from the Winter Wonderland cartridge. This fancy frame makes it so easy to put the card together. As you can see, not much else is needed.



To complete the card, I masked off the frame and then covered the snowflake with spray adhesive so I could sprinkle it with white glitter. When it was dry, I sprayed the backside of the entire snowflake frame and adhered it to the DSP, which was then adhered to the card base.

You can see in the photo at right that I also added a silver sequin to the center of the snowflake.  I used seven little flat-backed gems to finish it off.





On the inside I added a strip of the DSP and also the center cutout from my snowflake, which looks like a smaller, more delicate snowflake. I glittered this one as well, and added a tiny gem to its center.






I am slowly making progress on my Christmas preparations, but with six children and their spouses and 10 grandchildren, there is a LOT to do. I am done with my shopping, but not my "making." I am making some gifts and some gift containers, and it all takes a lot of time. At some point, I need to do some baking, too, and get my house ready for company. I'm blaming my "behindedness" on our 7-week trip out West. Sounds like a pretty good excuse, don't you think?

I hope your holiday preparations are well in hand and you have time to just sit back and enjoy the festivities, however you celebrate.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl


3 comments:

Hannelie said...

This is beautiful Cheryl.
Your experiment paid off!

Hannelie said...

This is beautiful Cheryl. Your experiment paid off!!!

designbydonna said...

Very pretty card. Finished and will mail my cards today. Wish you luck in all those preps you need to do.