Wish List

Thursday, November 6, 2014

A little set of cards as a thank you...

During our recent 7-week odyssey to the West Coast, we stayed for three days with some friends who treated us royally. They even included us in a luncheon they had planned long before they knew we were coming. We truly appreciated their gracious hospitality, and I wanted to give them something handmade to show our gratitude. Here's what I came up with:

I made a set of four autumn-themed cards. I thought our friends would be able to use them as Thanksgiving cards or even for other occasions. I used a Darice embossing folder to get the lovely fall pattern on the front of each card. Once the pattern was embossed on Core'dinations cardstock, I sanded it a bit to bring out the design.

The patterned strips across the front of each card are really just some Washi tapes on strips of the same cardstock that I had used for the base of each card. The leaves were cut using an old Cuttlebug die set, and to get the appropriately colored bow, I used my ProMarkers to color some baker's twine that I had on hand.

An inside panel for each card and the envelopes were embossed with a 2" X 12" Cuttlebug embossing folder. I got this embossing folder at a huge discount a few years ago, and I've used it quite a few times since. I thought it added a nice touch to this set.










Then I needed a box to hold the cards and envelopes. I whipped out my WRMK envelope punch board and came up with this:
Starting out with plain kraft cardstock, I selected a couple of stamps and inks and decorated it with leaves and vines.


This photo shows the thickness of the box a little better. I used a simple belly band to hold the box closed and decorated my sentiment with a couple stamped leaves that I cut out and adhered with a little green bow.

I really hope our friends like this set of cards. I remembered our fun-filled days together as I worked on them.

Now, however, I REALLY need to get started on some Thanksgiving cards or it will be too late!!

Thank you so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

1 comment:

Shanna said...

These are really beautiful! I think the box is such a nice touch. It really makes it extra special!