Wish List

Friday, July 11, 2014

Happy birthday to my twin daughters...

Thirty-seven years ago today I gave birth to my beautiful twin daughters. They came three weeks early, but at 7 lbs. 8 oz. and 7 lbs. 13 oz., there were no worries about prematurity. If you've had children, I'm sure you can imagine the relief I felt to no longer be carrying these two babies. It was an absolute delight to put them in their crib (they shared a crib for the first few weeks) for a nap. I also had a two-year-old and a three-year-old at the time, whom I tried to get to nap at the same time - that seldom happened! It was a busy few years before they were all potty-trained, able to sit at the table and feed themselves and weren't hanging on my legs and begging to be held. What wonderful years they were!

Before I share the cards I made for them, I just want to say:

Happy birthday, Heather and Shanna!

I decided to make them each a flower pot card. For the flowers I used a Sizzix Hero Arts stamps and framelits set called "Floral." I really like this stamp and die set and have used it quite a bit since I got it.

The flower pots were embossed with the "Argyle" embossing folder by Cuttlebug. Some border punches finished off the edge of the rim and a little distress ink gave some dimension to the edges.



I shaped the sentiment mat to fit the shape of the flower pot, making it tall enough to provide a base so I could adhere the flowers and greenery (which is an EK Success punch).









The butterflies were made using a Martha Stewart punch and some sparkly glitter cardstock.

I used liquid pearls for the centers of the flowers and for the body of each butterfly.








I had a lot of fun making these cards and reminiscing about my twins when they were little. They are identical twins and managed to get themselves into a little trouble trying to switch places in school. 

Not long ago, they both called me via a 3-way conference call. They are grown women now, but they still like to play tricks on me. They didn't tell me they were both on the phone, and they took turns commenting and answering my questions to see if I would notice. Well their voices sound E.X.A.C.T.L.Y. the same on the phone. OF COURSE I DIDN'T REALIZE IT! They just laughed and laughed at how they had fooled their old mom once again. 

Here's one of my favorite photos of these two imps when they were 3 years old. I remember sewing their little sunsuits. I thought they looked so cute in them!
Thanks so much for stopping by and putting up with my ramblings about my lovely children. Remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day, even when your kids play tricks on you!
Cheryl

4 comments:

designbydonna said...

Cheryl, These flower pot cards are so pretty. I'm sure your daughters will be thrilled with them. Happy Birthday to them. and Congrats to you for surviving those chaotic years!

Karen M said...

Cheryl, what amazing flowers! This is fabulous, you are very talented. I'm following you now too! x

Shanna said...

This card is even cuter in person! I love it and I love you, mom!

debby4000 said...

Love your flower pot cards and what an adorable pic of your girls.
luv
Debby