Wish List

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Washi tape/glitter tape thank you card...

Here is a quick card I made today that was so much fun and so quick and easy!
I started with a black card base. I rounded one corner and then cut a slightly smaller white mat, also rounding the top right hand corner.



I selected the Washi and glitter tapes that I wanted to use, and just started laying them onto the mat at an angle. Because the Washi tapes are so thin, I simply wrapped the ends around the edge of the mat. The glitter tape was quite a bit thicker, so I cut it off at the edge of the mat.

Once I had placed all my tapes, I found the stamp that I wanted and, using my Fiskars stamp press, I stamped "thanks" three times.

To make sure I got them placed fairly evenly across the card, I stamped the left "thanks," then the right one, and lastly I centered and stamped the middle one.





This card is actually much prettier IRL. I tried to capture the sparkle that the glitter tape adds in this photo. Still not sure it does justice to the card, though.

I will definitely be making more of these cards. I have quite a bit of Washi tape, thanks to one of my daughters, so this may be my go to thank you card for a while. I'd like to make a whole set of them in different colors to have on hand.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

1 comment:

Shanna said...

I LOVE this one! It's so understated, yet beautiful!