Wish List

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Some days you're the dog...


Today is my BIL's birthday. He has had a dog for years, so I thought that a dog-themed card would be a good choice for him. I cut the fire hydrant from the Everyday Paper Dolls cartridge and the dog from the Four-legged Friends cart. I used a Fiskars border punch for the grass, and the sentiment is computer generated.

The fire hydrant was only a one-layer image, but I cut three of them so I could adhere two together for stability and cut one apart to use for layers. I colored my layering pieces with some different shades of red Spectrum Noir markers before I adhered them. I think this really gave the hydrant a dimensional look. I added a little silver brad to the center circle before I adhered the whole thing to the card. Did you notice that I put the hydrant behind the grass and the dog on top of the grass?



The inside of the card is very simple. In retrospect, I feel like I should have at least put a grass border along the bottom. Oh well, next time, I guess.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

2 comments:

Sherry Eckblad said...

What a great card! Love the sentiment both inside and out.

Hannelie said...

Ahw, he is sooo cute!!
Look at that face!