Wish List

Friday, April 25, 2014

Christmas cards in April...

Well, I managed to finish some Christmas cards for the month of April...with a little help from my sister.

I do not have the cartridge, Simple Holiday Cards, but my sister does. I asked if she would cut a few of the "Have a Merry Christmas" trees for me, which she did and sent them to me in the mail. I covered the front of each cut with spray adhesive and then covered them with white glitter. I also cut a pale blue mat, embossed it with the falling snow embossing folder and lightly ran a white ink pad over the raised snow dots.

I then sprayed the back side of my now glittery die cut and adhered it to the blue mat. These layers were adhered to the card front.


For the inside of the card, I used a Flourishes sentiment stamp and added a delicate snowflake cut from a pale blue glitter cardstock.


Here are three of the seven cards I made in this style. They were so quick and simple to put together, even though the glitter was a little messy.









I also made four tags to add to my collection. The bell ornaments were stamped with a Flourishes stamp and Versamark ink. I embossed them with sparkly silver embossing powder and then filled in the tiny open spaces with my white gel pen. The "Joy" was die cut from some scraps of silver glitter paper.

The other two tags were decorated with some Christmas images that were included in one of my holiday paper stacks. I simply added the crochet thread to the candy cane and some die cut holly to the other.  Oh, yes, the tag shapes were cut using the Art Philosophy cartridge. I will write the "to" and "from" on the back with a white gel pen.

That's it for me today. Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl



No comments: