Wish List

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Pretty paper and a tiny bit of embellishment...

I recently needed a sympathy card and didn't have one on hand. I've needed a number of sympathy cards lately, so just when I get one made, it seems I need to send it to a friend or family member.

To begin creating this most recent card, I selected this pretty paper to start:
While this paper has its own quiet beauty, I decided I wanted to step it up a notch, so I used a couple of markers and a white gel pen. Here's the result:
Just a little color adds some depth to the pattern. I also matted it with some dark blue CS that matched the darkest blue that I had added to the paper.



The inside was also kept quite simple with the same mat, a sentiment stamp and a flourish stamp.  While it's very hard to see in the photo, I also added some dots to the flourish with a white gel pen.
















Since this card has already been mailed, I'll need to make yet another sympathy card for my stash. It's sometimes sad to make these cards, but I try to focus on the comfort they may bring.

Thanks for stopping by today, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

1 comment:

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Wow! What a beautiful card, Cheryl! :)