Wish List

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Easter cards with flower power...

Today, I'm sharing a couple cards that were quick to make but bright and colorful for Easter.
This card came together quickly with my Swiss Dots embossing folder, some pretty floral paper, ribbon, a few Petaloo flowers and a button.

I used a little embroidery thread to tie a tiny bow on the button. I never feel comfortable leaving buttons "naked" on my cards. I always feel they need a little thread, ribbon or twine so they look like they are actually attached.







"Happy Easter" was stamped on the top half of a label die-cut and tucked behind the DSP. I stitched across the paper to add a little more embellishment to this fairly straight forward card.

I am entering this card into Creative Inspirations' Challenge #206: Spring Colours.




This card is very bright with its combination of pink and yellow.  I just went along with the colors of the DSP, and I thought the end result was a very springlike card. Oh yes, and the glow you see on the right hand side of this photo is SUNSHINE! We've had so many cloudy days and snow this month, that I wanted to capture a little of today's sun in my photo.

The flowers are, once again, from Petaloo. I was lucky enough to win quite an assortment, and are they ever great to have on hand. I don't think I'll ever let myself get to a point of "no flowers" again. I now consider them an essential embellishment for quick cards.







Here you can see how I popped the sentiment label up on some foam tape for l little dimension.  I also added a little bit of pink chalk to the front of the sentiment label, which is more visible in the first photo.

The pretty pink flat-backed pearls were another giveaway that I was lucky enough to win. I love having several colors of pearls on hand. If I need a color other than what is in my stash, I just color white pearls with an alcohol-based marker. I have a few ProMarkers that I often use for this purpose.

I'm entering this card into Cute Card Thursday's Challenge 261: Easter Parade.





Thanks for stopping by today, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

3 comments:

Aunty Sue said...

such lovely bright creations and thanks for sharing at Creative inspirations with our spring theme.

Sarah said...

Gorgeous card, love your layout and pretty flowers, thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations, hugs, Sarah x

Anonymous said...

I like the card with the pink and yellow colors. It is so Eastery! pj