Wish List

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Sympathy in purple..

My stash of  sympathy cards is down to just one card, so I thought I ought to make some more to have on hand. It's doubly hard to make these cards if you have to do it in a hurry, so I always like to have a few done ahead of time.
For this card I used a deep purple cardstock for the base card and the matte behind the scalloped oval. On the matte piece of CS, I stamped a delicate lace border with Versamark ink and then heat embossed it with white detail embossing powder. Doesn't it look like real lace? I just love lacy stamps like these!

The poppy image was stamped with purple Versafine ink onto a lightly speckled white cardstock. I shaded the oval a bit with some of the ink.  Then, I used only a pearl in the center of the poppy and three below the sentiment for embellishments.

I always think that a deep purple, like this one, elicits a feeling of peace and strength. Those are exactly the kinds of feelings I wish to convey to the receiver of a sympathy card, so I think the color works well for this purpose.

The stamped sentiment on the inside of the card also expresses my wishes for strength.


While it's always sad to think we will need these cards, I feel that it is so important to have them on hand.


Thanks for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl


No comments: