Wish List

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Here comes the judge...

My daughter's father-in-law was elected to serve as a District Judge in North Dakota last November. We are all so pleased, as we are certain he is going to be a tremendous judge and will serve with distinction. We need more public servants like him!

My husband and I were invited to attend his investiture, and we were so very sad that we couldn't go. At that time, we still had a Christmas guest staying with us and we also live 500 miles away.

I certainly wanted to make him a special card, however, to let him know how pleased we were for him.  Here's what I came up with:
I cut the scroll image from some papyrus-like paper (hard to see in this photo) using the Heritage cartridge and inked the edges to give it an aged appearance.  "Judge Greenwood presiding..." was computer-generated.

The ink bottle was also cut from the Heritage cartridge. The cut included a feather quill sitting in the ink bottle. I cut the quill off, punched a tiny hole and then added a real black feather. The tip of the feather was sandwiched between two cuts of the ink bottle, which were adhered together. To make the bottle look a little more realistic, I used a metallic silver pen around the rim and then added some glossy accents.
Both the scroll and the ink bottle were popped up on foam tape. The terra cotta cardstock that I used as the background was embossed with a Sizzix  embossing folder for some added dimension and adhered to a black mat. A black self-adhesive pearl was added to each corner on the front of the card.
 
The inside was kept very simple. The sentiment was added with my computer on the same papyrus-style paper that I used for the scroll. I inked the edges lightly, adhered it to a black mat, and that was it!
 Thanks for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day!
Cheryl
 
 

2 comments:

Patti J said...

What a great card, Cheryl! The Judge is going to love this! You did an amazing job with all of the details, my friend - thanks for sharing with us!

Shanna said...

Love it! Judgey (as Lucy calls him) will definitely love it! :)