Wish List

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A couple more thank you cards...

This card was quick to make, given that the gold/yellow patterned paper came with the narrow pink stripe next to the sparkly green scalloped edge. This was actually a circular piece of DSP, but since I don't do much scrapbooking, I decided to cut it up and use it on a few cards.  I embossed "Thank You" with clear embossing powder and then highlighted it with a little white chalk. It actually shows up much better in real life.

 The flower was from a selection of Martha Stewart flower embellishments I received in one of my Christmas gifts. I added the liquid pearl dots in the center. It matched the pink paper so perfectly!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
This next card used some of the same materials. I added a clear self-stick flower border (also from Martha Stewart, also part of a Christmas gift) and stamped "Thank You" on a Spellbinders label shape. I lightly chalked the label with pink chalk and added a bow made from narrow green ribbon.
 
 


I decorated the inside of this card with a couple small pieces of the DSP in the corners. I always try to use an entire piece of paper, if at all possible
Thanks so much for stopping by today, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

No comments: