Wish List

Monday, October 29, 2012

Christmas bags and Cricut cuts...

Christmas bags can really add to the cost of a gift if you buy the prettily decorated ones. I prefer to pick them up at the Dollar Store and add my own decorations.

Here are a couple of bags I picked up the other day:

 They are nice big gift bags, but definitely on the plain side.  I decided to try a few new Cricut cuts to decorate them.

For this bag I used some cuts from the Christmas Cards cartridge that my daughter gave me a couple of years ago.  The snow is just a piece of paper torn from a 12" X 12" pice of cardstock.
 
Isn't this little snowman cute? I cut him out of white glitter paper and used a little dimensional paint on the buttons, eyes and mouth.  I popped him up on some foam tape for some added dimension. You can just see in the picture on the left that I added some stickles to the snow for a little sparkle. In the photo above, you may be able to make out that I put some blue sticky-backed gems in the centers of the snowflakes.
For the red bag, I used the CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge to cut a stocking out of some pretty, glittery striped paper. I ran the heel and toe pieces through the Cuttlebug in one of my embossing folders.
 
I'm sorry for the glare and shadows on the bag, but it is made from very shiny foil! I cut the "Happy Holidays" from the Christmas Cards cart and added a few felt candy cane stickers. 
 
The holly leaves were some velour leaves I ordered from Oh My Crafts when they were on sale and the berries are Card Candi that I colored with a red ProMarker.  I also added some ribbon for a loop and a button with a little red bow.
The tags on both the bags were cut from the Art Philosophy cartridge. There are some really great tag shapes and designs on that cartridge.
 
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you enjoyed my bag transformations. Don't forget to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl
 
 
 
 






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I liked your bags, especially the red one. Of course I'm partial to candy canes and stockings. pj