Wish List

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Beep, beep birthday wishes...

Our family has so many birthdays in July and August that I have been one busy cardmaker over the past few weeks. Our grandson Patrick will turn 5 this month, so I needed a card for him.  He is ALL BOY, and when he crafts with me, he goes straight to my Robotz cartridge. Because he's so familiar with those images, though, I wanted to do something different for his birthday card.  Here's what I came up with:

I started with a car cut at 4" from Nate's ABCs. I also found a cute photo of Patrick that I could size, print and cut so that he looked like he was behind the wheel.  He's going to love that! Every little boy thinks he really can drive a car. 
Before I added the black layer for the wheels, I ran those pieces through my Cuttlebug in a herringbone embossing folder. Don't you love the look of the tread? I also added some glossy accents to the headlights and a little silver sparkle to the grille. I handcut the "pavement" (used a white pen for the center lines) and added some small letter stickers to spell "Beep, Beep." A couple of red metallic faux brads in each top corner finished off the front of the card. 
For the inside of the card, I stamped "Happy Birthday" and added three metallic faux brads on top.  I actually did not have any blue faux brads, only the red and a couple of silver. I grabbed a blue ProMarker that perfectly matched the blue on the front of the card and colored the silver ones. I just love when I'm able to do that!
Thanks so much for stopping by and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day!
Cheryl

2 comments:

Shanna said...

I love seeing little Patrick behind that wheel! SO cute!!

Anonymous said...

Great card I have to get some of these made for Ella. It is great with the picture of Patrick right in the car!!! MKW