Wish List

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Thank you, Teacher...

I was a teacher for a few years, so I know just how important a little thanks and encouragement can be.  Just out of college, I taught Algebra in a Grand Forks, ND, high school.  I had the students who were struggling and needed extra help.  Even though math was difficult for most of them, we had a great year. It has been decades since I taught there, but I still have some of the notes of thanks and encouragement that I received. 

When my twin daughters asked if I would make some teacher thank you cards for their children to give to their teachers, I jumped at the chance.
 
 This is the first card I made, using some alphabet paper that I printed from a CD onto cream colored cardstock, inked along the edges and then matted on black CS.  The stems for the Petaloo flowers were cut from the "Walk in My Garden" cartridge. I inked and bent the leaves a little for more dimension, and the two largest blossoms are popped up on dimensionals.  The sentiment has been cut out with a Lifestyle Crafts label die, matted on black cardstock and adhered with dimensionals.  Can you see that the design of this label looks like an open book?


 This card uses some paper and cardstock from my stash that I've had for eons.  I was so glad to find a card to use it on.  The strawberries were cut from the "Preserves" cartridge, embossed with the Swiss Dots folder and popped up on dimensionals.  I hand-embossed some lines in the leaves and inked them for extra dimension.  A little twine around the sentiment and it's done!  By the way, all the sentiments on these cards were computer-generated. 


My third card also used the "Preserves" cart for the apple and "Nate's ABCs" for the lettering.  I'm not sure why 'teacher' cut a little funkily, but I thought it still looked okay.  The inside sentiment for this card uses the same label die and matting as the flower card, but says, "Thank you for a great year!"

A final look at the cards as a group.  They were fun to make, and one of each will be in the mail to my daughters today.

Remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day!
Cheryl


1 comment:

craftieodmae said...

these are all gorgeous!!