Wish List

Monday, May 28, 2012

Card for a soldier...

Happy Memorial Day, everyone!

I thought today I would share a card that I made to send to a soldier serving our country in Afghanistan.  I can only imagine how difficult it is to be separated from family and friends and live in a dangerous place.  I think it is the least we can do to send them some encouragement and gratitude from time to time.  My own father was in the Army, Navy and Air Force (I know--it's hard to believe) and both of my brothers also served-- one of them for 23 years!

There are organizations that use this sentiment, but it just was so perfect that I had to use it, too.  Sure hope it's not trademarked!!

For the mat, I scored a piece of medium blue cardstock every 1/4" and then ran an ink pad directly over the side with the raised scores to give a weathered appearance.  I really love how that turned out and I'll be using that technique again.  I cut the "because" on my Cricut after I had welded it with the Gypsy.  The letters are from Nate's ABCs cart.  The stars are from a Sizzix die with nested starsall on one die.  The center star comes out solid and the rest come out as star-shaped frames.  I like the combination of the two on this card.OnOn the inside of the card I added a couple of the stars on the top panel and left the bottom blank to write a note.

Maybe there's someone you know, or know of, that is serving our country here or abroad and could use a little encouragement.

Thanks for stopping by.  Remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

No comments: