Wish List

Monday, October 16, 2017

Up, up and away...



I love hot air balloons - I even took a ride in one once. It was such a peaceful ride, other than the occasional firing of the burner to keep the balloon aloft. The view was incredible! It's surprising how many animals are hiding in the landscape below and come scurrying out when they hear the sudden noise of the burner. 

I made this card for my SIL's birthday, which is today (Happy birthday, Marcel!). The balloon and cloud dies were purchased online from an unbranded source. I cut the bigger balloon four times so that I could piece together the different colors. I kept all of the extra cutouts so I can use them on another card or two. The smaller balloon was backed with double-sided adhesive and then the cut-out areas were filled with glitter.

I think you can see in this photo how I've attached the larger balloon and one of the clouds with foam tape to give them a little "lift" (pun intended).

The inside was kept pretty plain - this is a masculine card, after all. :)
Today, I am doing the laundry and also hoping to get my fall decorations out. It's definitely time to do that. If I don't get at it now, it'll be too late, and I'll just have to skip over them and go right to Christmas. LOL.

I hope you have a spectacular week. Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

6 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Such fun cards Cheryl! Love the hot air balloons! I see them floating around my neighborhood!

Darnell said...

Excellent piecing, Cheryl! And glitter? Wow! Great idea for an incredible hot air balloon birthday card!! Hugs, Darnell

Loose Stitches said...

Beautiful card Cheryl, love the balloons and design! I am already one of your followers. :)
Hugs, Sherry x
Loose Stitches and Unraveled Threads

Lynne in NI said...

Beautiful card Cheryl, love the added sparkle and perfect sentiment too. Lucky you getting a ride in one, I've never even seen a real one in flight!
Hope you had fun getting your Fall decorations out ... doesn't take me too long - my one and only decoration is a ceramic pumpkin-headed scarecrow dude that sits at my kitchen window!

Glittered Paws said...

What a great hot air balloon card - love the clouds and the balloons. A hot air balloon ride is on my bucket list. I did the sky diving this summer now maybe the hot air balloon next summer.

debby4000 said...

Love your Hot Air Balloon card and what a perfect sentiment too.
luv
Debby