Wish List

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Using a wedding invitation kit...

A friend of mine recently found a partially used wedding invitation kit, which she gave to me to use for cards.  In the kit were some long blanks with a fancy-edged fold at the top. You can see that there is also a little hole centered at the top. I assumed this was to attach some sort of embellishment.


I decided to score the blank so that it looked like this:


My next step was to add some pretty papers to the new "front" of my card and to attach a pretty die-cut butterfly with a brad, using the existing hole.


I also added a little strip of coordinating CS across the bottom that I had die-cut with a dotted border die. I was actually pleased with how these turned out.

Here's a whole set of them, which I gave to my friend who had given me the kit. It was the least I could do to repay her for her thoughtfulness!

I have scheduled this post ahead of time, as we are well into our trip to the northeastern part of the U.S. I hope I have lots of tales to tell you when I return.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

3 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

So very pretty Cheryl! I love all the fancy butterflies and the pretty patterned papers!

Glittered Paws said...

Oh wow - how beautiful those turned out - and I love butterflies so this immediately had my eye.

Hannelie said...

Beautiful!