Wish List

Sunday, September 11, 2016

A stack o' jack-o-lanterns...

I have been having fun making some Halloween cards. I've tried to use some of the stickers and other supplies that I bought last November when all the Halloween goodies were deeply discounted. Here's the first card I made using some jack-o-lantern stickers:

This card is a 4" X 8" card. I like to make this size occasionally because you can use tall images to embellish them. I first backed my jack-o-lantern stickers with some yellow cardstock. Then I cut off the stems of the first four so I could easily stack them in a haphazard manner.

I used a Fiskars grass border punch for the top edge of my piece of kraft cardstock. I inked the edges of this panel with some Frayed Burlap Distress Ink. My cat was a Sizzix stamp that I heat embossed onto yellow cardstock and then cut out with the matching die. It's popped up on double-sided foam tape. My Happy Halloween sign image is also by Sizzix and was heat embossed onto my craft cardstock.

To finish off my card, I tied a piece of raffia around my front panel. This raffia also provided a little "ledge" for my cat to stand on.

On the inside of my card, I have a computer-generated sentiment and a couple of stamped bat borders (also heat-embossed). Not sure what company made the bat border stamp, but I really like it for applications like this.

We will be traveling for the next several weeks, so I'm not sure how often I'll be able to post. Because we had company for the past six weeks (they just left yesterday), I really haven't had the time and focus to get future posts written and scheduled. I'll be taking my computer with me, so I'm hoping to be able to post some on the road. Keeping my fingers crossed, anyway!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

4 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a fun card Cheryl! Love the shimmery jack-o-lanterns! The spooky cat adds a great touch to the spooktacular scene!

designbydonna said...

Awwww! Those are cute jack-o-lanterns. I love how you stacked them up. Great scene you created with the cat perched on the raffia ribbon. Love the rows of bats too.

Glittered Paws said...

How original - I buy the stickers then don't use them - duh - what inspiration you have provided.

Lynne in NI said...

Those sparkly stickers are fab Cheryl! I thought it was one big one till I read your post, you stacked them perfectly :)