Wish List

Thursday, July 28, 2016

You are awesome!

On June 1, my son began a new journey in his life. He began serving as superintendent of the Washington State School for the Blind. I am so proud of him, so of course I had to send him a card.

He is definitely awesome, so that is just what my card said.

I used a couple of different stamp sets for my sentiment and heat-embossed the word "awesome." These are older stamp sets, so I'm not sure who made them. Sorry!

The card base, front panel and stars are from an old card kit that I got from my local thrift store.





I'm hoping you can see in the photo on the right that I popped up some of the center stars for a little dimension.



















The inside of my card was pretty simple with another stamped sentiment from the same set I had used on the front of my card. I added a few more of those stars for decoration.

























I had some striped paper that coordinated nicely with my card, so I also made an envelope. I find that this is a great way to use up some of my older one-sided patterned papers.

We were lucky to tour the campus of the School for the Blind in Vancouver, WA, when we visited my son recently. It's a beautiful residential school with amazing facilities. I know he will be an outstanding superintendent who will make a real difference in the lives of so many students. He has a big heart and is passionate about his work with the blind and visually impaired.

Thank you so much for stopping by, and remember too laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl


5 comments:

designbydonna said...

Cheryl, your card is awesome. Love all the different colors. And great idea to make coordinating envelope.

Lynne in NI said...

What a fab card for your son, love the matching envelope too!
His job sounds very challenging, but I'm sure it would be very rewarding too :)

Mona Pendleton said...

Awesome card for your son Cheryl! Love all the stars! You must be so proud! :)

Glittered Paws said...

Oh I can just hear the pride in your post - how awesome just like your card says. Love the matching envie liner,so many ideas but just seems like never enough time. Great card.

Hannelie said...

Wow, you sure have reason to be proud Cheryl!
Congratulations to your son... just the right amazing card to congratulate him on his new position!