Wish List

Sunday, June 5, 2016

Let's Craft and Create Challenge #114: Hearts and/or Flowers...

I was deeply saddened this past week when I learned of the untimely death of Eileen Dobson, the wonderful leader of our Design Team and owner of Let's Craft and Create Challenge Blog. Eileen has been an inspiration to the entire team with her amazing creativity and her brave fight against breast cancer.

To honor and remember this beautiful person, we will continue the blog and the challenges, as she had wished. Our challenge for the month of June--Hearts and/or Flowers--is dedicated to Eileen, and we truly hope you will join us in this special tribute to her.

As I set about to make my card, I thought about how Eileen would want us to continue to use our creativity to bolster the spirits of someone else who is going through difficulties with their health. In light of that, I was inspired to create a card filled with loving get well wishes.



I had a package of tiny lavender vellum envelope stickers by Sticko (in photo) in my stash. I've had these for a loooooong time, and have been thinking about how I'd like to use them.

I also had a gorgeous lavender paper with pink roses that had come with an issue of Cardmaking & Papercraft magazine. One of the lavender shades in the paper perfectly matched the color of these little envelopes.











With some pink ribbon--again from my stash--and some hearts cut with Darice dies, my card came together. As a finishing touch, I decided to add a few flat-backed gems in shades of pink.




For the inside of my card, I cut a plain lavender mat and used a couple of the die-cut hearts to adorn my sentiment, which was computer-generated.

Please visit Let's Craft and Create to see the outstanding designs from the rest of the Design Team. You will be blown away by what they have created! We would LOVE it if you would join us in this very special challenge and submit your own creation using hearts and/or flowers. You've got until the end of June to submit your card, layout, home décor or other items, and one of you will win this month's special prize (see the challenge blog for details).

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

8 comments:

designbydonna said...

Cheryl, So sorry for the loss of your friend. Your card is beautiful. It will surly bring good cheer to someone who is suffering.

Stampsnob. said...

An envelope full of love How lovely .Lis

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a pretty card Cheryl! The paper is beautiful and I'm loving all the hearts and rhinestones!

Glittered Paws said...

Oh what a beautiful card - can feel the passion you put into making this - I know it must have been difficult for you. What a tribute to your friend and DT leader.

Sue said...

Cheryl, I have these exact envies in different colors that I have had for=ever!! What a perfect idea for them and oh so pretty too.

Hugs
Sue

Lynne in NI said...

What a beautiful tribute to your friend x

Taunya Butler said...

Cheryl, my heart hurts for you with the loss of Eileen! I am so sorry to hear of her passing!! This card is BEAUTIFUL and such a loving tribute to her! You always make such delightful cards and this one is the queen of them all - gorgeously done, my friend!! May the Lord's peace be with you! Going to see if I can link something up - thanks for being YOU!!

Georgiana said...

Neat way to use those envelopes. Looks great!