Wish List

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Mother's Day is around the corner...

Here are a couple of cards I made to send to some special mothers in my life.


I decided to use a Betsy Bluebell image by Penny Black, colored with my ProMarkers.



I did alter the image just a bit. There was a butterfly and a bee above the watering can, but I was careful not to ink them up when stamping. I wanted to add my own 3-D butterfly (Fiskars punch) to add a little dimension to my card.










My sentiment was computer-generated. I also took a small leftover piece of ribbon, tied it in a single not and adhered it to the left of my sentiment with some Glossy Accents.






Inside, I covered the right side of my card with some thinner pink cardstock. This view also clearly shows the edge treatment on the front, which was made with some Spellbinders Borderabilities dies.









Here's a second card, made the same way, but with different papers. Instead of a little piece of tied ribbon on my sentiment banner, I added another butterfly.



I also cut my image out with a stitched oval die instead of a circle.

I've definitely got to get my cards in the mail today or they'll be late!!

My big plans for Mother's Day are to spend some time in my flower beds, planting some annuals. We've had a bit of sunshine and warmer weather, so the landscape looks very green right now. In fact, I also need to start mowing the lawn.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

4 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

Love the curved edge on the last card and what a darling image ou used for your Mother's Days cards.

designbydonna said...

Your little girl images are so cute. Great coloring. Love that scalloped edge.

Mona Pendleton said...

Super cute cards Greta! Great job coloring the sweet image! Love the little butterflies fluttering about!

Lynne in NI said...

Awww these are so sweet Cheryl! And I love that fancy edge you've used too. Hope you have a great Mother's Day, I'm hoping to get out to get some planting done too.