Wish List

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Closing in on Easter...

It won't be long now and the Easter holiday will be upon us. Here are a couple more cards I made to send to family and friends.

I used a Stampendous border die to cut my cute scalloped border at the bottom of my DSP. I cut another one out of pink CS to help define the edge a little.



The DSP is from "My Girl" by My Mind's Eye. It is so busy that I needed something plain to tone it down a little and allow the receiver to focus on my sentiment. I decided a white doily was the answer, so I cut one out with a Lifestyle Crafts die.The butterflies were made with a Martha Stewart punch.

Finally, my "Happy Easter" die-cut is by Cheery Lynn. A few gems on my butterflies and a strip of the pink CS across the bottom finished my card front.









I used a leftover strip of DSP on the inside of each card. I just LOVE when I can use an entire 6" X 6" sheet with virtually no leftovers.

Well, we had about 4" of snow here today! It made a mess out of the roads and will probably cause some icy spots on sidewalks and such when the temperature dips below freezing tonight. It always seems that Spring has to struggle mightily to truly make an entrance in my part of the world.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

3 comments:

designbydonna said...

These are very pretty. The DSP gives the cheeriness of spring even if outside it is still winter. Love the ruffled accent.

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Cheryl..these are gorgeous. Pretty papers and fun layers. Wishing you and yours a "Very Happy Easter" . About 7 inches and now SUNSHINE and it is on a melting chore ! Had big drifts and lost electric thru the night. But all is pretty this AM.

Lynne in NI said...

Can't believe you're still having snow Cheryl! Spring is well and truly here in Northern Ireland, though it's raining again, just for a change ;)
Beautiful card, inside and out! Have a Happy Easter x