Wish List

Monday, March 21, 2016

A couple pretty Easter cards...

The following two cards were made with Silhouette cut files. These cards were quick to cut out and assemble - perfect when you need to make a lot of cards!


For this card, I cut the lacey green card front, the flowers and the "Easter" oval. I inked the flowers and added pearls to their centers after gluing them to my card. The oval was backed with some pink glitter paper and rimmed with tiny pearls made with Liquid Pearls.


I'm hoping in this photo you can see the pink glitter paper in the openings of my letters. It really adds a nice bit of sparkle IRL.









Here's the inside of my card. My sentiment is from My Sentiments Exactly (MSE).















For this card I cut the center tulip and the tulip doily with my Silhouette. My label was cut with a Spellbinder's die.

I backed part of my doily with a green circle of card stock so that my tulips would all have green stems. I thought that little trick worked out really well!

You may have noticed that I sponged some ink on the edges of my center tulip flower head and added a little gem to it. That little gem tied in with the gems I added to each side of my label.



This card honestly looks so much better IRL. I wish I could take pictures that ENHANCED the look of my cards, rather than the opposite.

You may have noticed all those tiny little tulips that were cut out of my white CS doily. I couldn't just throw them away! So I took out some alcohol markers and colored them to match the front of my card...







...and then I used three of them as decoration on the inside of my card! Aren't they so cute? My sentiment is once again from MSE.

Today, I asked my 10-year-old granddaughter if she was looking forward to coming over for Easter dinner on Sunday. Her instant reply was, "Are you having mashed potatoes?" I guess that's the criterion to get my grandkids to enjoy dinner at my house. LOL

I hope you're having a great week and are looking forward to Easter, as well. Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

6 comments:

Hannelie said...

Beautiful Cheryl!

Mona Pendleton said...

Such pretty Easter cards Cheryl! Thanks for the inspiration! I better get crafting!

designbydonna said...

These are very pretty Easter cards. I really love the scrollwork cutout on that first one. The colorful flowers make it really spring like.

Sue said...

Both cards a just beautiful. What a fun Spring card the first one is with all the flowers, and the second card could not be more lovely. Sentiment is so nice too. Busy lady you are these days, Cheryl. Glad you are enjoying your cutting machine so much.

Hugs
Sue

Glittered Paws said...

Beautiful Easter cards - another fun busy craft session for you.

Lynne in NI said...

Well your mashed potatoes must be pretty good if that was the selling point for her! Beautiful Easter cards :)