Wish List

Thursday, February 11, 2016

Happy birthday, Sis...

Today is my younger sister's birthday, so

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEB!
We always have fun when we're together (which doesn't happen often enough), so I wanted to make a fun card for her.
This image is from Inky Antics. I paper-pieced her dress and colored the rest of her with my ProMarkers. Her earrings, necklace and purse were colored with a metallic gold pen, and her boa was given lots of texture with my Snow Writer marker.

For some sparkle on my card front, I added a few sequins in different sizes and different shades of turquoise. I always use Gem Tac glue to adhere my sequins. It seems to work really well to keep them in place.

And I just wanted to mention that my speech bubble was cut using my Cricut and the George cartridge.
Just look at the great dimension I got when I heated the ink from the Snow Writer. I also sprinkled the boa with some clear glitter before I heated it, so it has nice bit of sparkle.

I added a black "pearl" to her necklace with my black Viva Décor pen and some Diamond Glaze to her shoes to make them shine.

A tiny black pearl (Viva Décor pen again) was also added to her purse.









On the inside of my card, I added another piece of my matted DSP and a larger stitched rectangle to hold my sentiment. Both this sentiment and the one on the front of the card were computer-generated.

My sister Deb is incredibly crafty. She makes me look like a complete dullard in comparison. Click here to see an example of her crafty talent.

Happy birthday, again, Deb! I hope you're treated like a queen today, including back rubs and bon bons.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl


7 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

LOL - how stinkin cute - and love her boa. Perfect card for your sis.

designbydonna said...

What a fun card. Adorable image on the front. Love her sparkly boa. I'm sure your sister will be thrilled with it.

Mona Pendleton said...

What a fun card for your dear sister Cheryl! I hope she had a Happy Birthday! Love the dimensional boa! How fun!

Jamie Martin said...

Haha love it and I bet your sister will too :)

Lynne in NI said...

Heee, bet she loved this! Her feather boa looks fab :)
I had a look at her pin cushion, what a great idea to use a cup and sauucer!

Sue said...

What a fun card! Love these images, and the sentiments you used are perfect for two sisters!!! LOVE it.

Hugs
Sue

Hannelie said...

I so miss my 2 sisters, I am the youngest, also have a big brother. So many days I just wish I could pop in to sip a cup of tea with them!
Your card is a perfect for your sis. Heading over to meet her!