Wish List

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Let's Craft and Create Challenge #109 - Layer It Up...

I was happy when it was announced that "Layer It Up" would be the theme of our January challenge at Let's Craft and Create. I am not very adept at adding layers to my cards and need all the practice I can get! Here's what I came up with:
I first created a single base layer with two different papers--a flowery DSP for the top and a pale yellow stitched paper for the bottom. I actually taped them together on the backside so that I could also add a piece of grosgrain ribbon across the join, folding each end underneath the papers. I matted this rectangle of papers with a medium pink paper. Then I added a striped layer on top of the bottom half which was given a shaped edge with one of my Lifestyle Crafts dies.

I'm sure you can see that I did a little inking around the edges of the flowered and striped papers.



I added a small banner as another layer and attached a little button that I made with an Impression Obsession die. I love the look of these little buttons. I usually make them with four layers of cardstock to give them some real dimension.














My final two (yup, two!) layers on the front of my card were the floral oval (Spellbinders) with my heat-embossed sentiment (Studio G) and then a second yellow stamped banner to add over the top of the pink one.










Both my sentiment oval and my little banner have been popped up with foam tape. I think you may be able to see that in the photo at left.



























On the inside of my card I added another striped layer and a little matted strip across the bottom. My simple "Celebrate" sentiment (Fiskars) was also heat-embossed.

So that is my card for our "Layer It Up" challenge. Now take a look at my awesome teammates' gorgeous creations. You are sure to be inspired to play along.
 
Now it's your turn! Time to incorporate some layers into your project and link it up here. You've got an entire month, so get those creative juices flowing and have some fun.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl 



6 comments:

designbydonna said...

Cheryl, You certainly nailed the layers inside and out. I love your choice of papers. Those flowers are so pretty. That ribbon banner and ribbon add just the right touch.

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Such a pretty card Cheryl! Love those patterned papers! Thanks for popping by my blog today and your sweet comments! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Glittered Paws said...

Oh pretty pretty layers and more layers, love your colors and all the detail. Great job.

Lynne in NI said...

Oooh what a beautiful card Cheryl, love your fab happy DPs :)

Mona Pendleton said...

So fun and cheerful Cheryl! Great mix of happy papers! Love the flower faux button!

Sue said...

Cheryl, beautiful colors and layers and love how you finished the inside of the card too. Very nice.

Hugs
Sue