Wish List

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

A Thanksgiving threesome...

I managed to get enough Thanksgiving cards made and in the mail to arrive before Thursday. Phew! Today, I'm going to share some pics of the final three.
This first card uses a Martha Stewart double-edged punch called Vine Trim. I inked the edges of my vine before adhering it to my card. It was a great way to cover up the seam between my patterned and plain cardstocks.


The circle sentiment was stamped and heat-embossed with a coppery-colored embossing powder. I bought this stamp at a garage sale last summer, so I'm not sure of the manufacturer.

I cut it out with a circle die and added a glitter CS mat behind it. My little leaf was made with a punch (Recollections, maybe). I used some distress inks on my off-white CS first and then punched it out. I added the veins with an embossing stylus.





The interiors of the cards I am sharing with you today are all pretty similar - computer-generated sentiments and a little leaf or two like the ones on the front of the card.









Here's card number two..
For this card I used a different circle die for the mat and a Darice embossing folder for my center strip. I lightly inked the embossed design to help it stand out a bit more.




My little leaves were made the same as on the previous card - ink up the paper first and then punch them out.
















And, finally, my third card for today...
This time I simply added a little seam binding and a bow. Easy, peasy!

We will be heading to my daughter's home (200 miles away) for Thanksgiving. I'm really looking forward to working in the kitchen with her. She has a MUCH nicer kitchen than I do, so it should be loads of fun. She's also a MUCH better cook than I am, so maybe I can even learn something!!

I wish you a wonderful day on Thursday, whether you celebrate Thanksgiving or not!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

2 comments:

Lynne in NI said...

Gorgeous cards, your colouring on your leaves is fab! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving with your daughter :)

Glittered Paws said...

Loved all three of your Thanksgiving cards - all so very pretty.