Wish List

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Whimsical new home card...

I have an old stamp set that features a couple of whimsical houses along with trees, bushes and some indoor furnishings. I'm not sure who made this stamp set, since I have long ago thrown away the wrapper. That was way before I created this blog, and I had no idea I'd want to know those details in the future!

Anyway, I used this set to make this whimsical "new home" card:
The cloud paper in the background came with an issue of Cardmaking & Papercraft. The other papers were just scraps from my stash. The house was stamped with red ink onto kraft paper. The little bushes were also stamped onto kraft, but the tree was stamped with brown ink onto green paper and then inked a bit.


My little house and the bushes on either side are popped up on foam tape.

I also added some Wink of Stella sparkle to the hearts and the windows, and I made a little doorknob with a Viva Décor pearl pen.













For the inside of my card, I created a sentiment with my computer and added another little heart.

My 7-year-old grandson is spending a couple of hours with me today. He's watching an old, old sitcom, "Mr. Ed," while I'm typing this post. Remember that show? Clint Eastwood is the guest star in today's episode. I had forgotten how bad the acting was in some of those shows. I remember thinking they were all great!! I'm sure they were at the time, but, my oh my, how far we've come!

I hope you are having a spectacular week. Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

5 comments:

Hannelie said...

Such a happy little scene Cheryl. Love this!

designbydonna said...

Cheryl, you have created a pretty little scene. Love all little details you put into it.

Taunya Butler said...

What an awesome and super sweet way to wish some one congratulations on their new home!! This is incredibly cute and the details you put into the scene are super awesome!!! Love it!

Patti J said...

What a pretty card, Cheryl! The scene is peaceful, and is colored beautifully! Glad you had fun with your grandson! I don't remember any Mr. Ed shows with Clint Eastwood...what fun!!!

Glittered Paws said...

What a fun "new home" card - love the scene you created. Love the cloud paper and the glitter hearts is the perfect touch.