Wish List

Friday, June 19, 2015

Have an EXTREME birthday!

Today is my grandson Max's birthday (HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MAX!), and this is the card I made for him:
I created my background by using mustard seed Distress Ink and a dauber to ink against a straight piece of cardstock. I decided on my center point, which would be directly behind the center of my focal image and just moved my cardstock around in a circle as I inked, keeping the tip of it at the center point.

My extreme bicyclist and the word "Extreme" are from the Dude! cartridge. I really like this cartridge for masculine cards - especially those for young males like my grandson, who is turning 10.

The other words were made with some stickers that I happened to have on hand. I think they came in a prize package that I won a long time ago. I also added a few red stars for a little more oomph!

See that dotted line on the left? That was made with a Paper Smooches die. I thought it added a nice touch to the front of my card. I backed it with black cardstock to make it show up better.


Yellow and black mats, some stars and a computer-generated sentiment finished off my inside. You can see the black strip of cardstock on the left that I used to back the line of dots on the front of my card. To make it look a bit more finished and purposeful, I adhered a red star to the top and bottom of it.

Our apricot trees are FULL of fruit this year, but the squirrels are doing their usual damage by picking the unripe fruit to get to the nut (pit) inside. I have to say, I DO NOT like squirrels AT ALL! I don't care how cute they may look, they drive me crazy when they demolish our apricots before we can even taste them. Drat those little rodents!!!!

Okay, rant over.  I feel better now.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

5 comments:

designbydonna said...

Cheryl, this is EXTREMELY AWESOME! I love that starburst background. Love the boy and bike and the inside too. Happy Birthday to Max. I know he will love this card.

Glittered Paws said...

Oh my how AWESOME is this EXTREME card - sunrays" with the distress inks. I am sure a grandson will be very happy.

Sue said...

Cool card, Cheryl, he's gotta love this one! Great colors and love the way you did the background!

Hugs
Sue

Sue said...

Great card Cheryl, love a card that makes them call you up to comment, you know you did it right! Fun.......

Hugs
Sue

Taunya Butler said...

Guess what? THIS probably will not surprise you but this is an EXTREMEly AWESOME card!! Love the details and the colors are so perfect!!! Just WOW!!