Wish List

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Tone on tone butterfly thankyou...

I know I've shared a card with you before using the Butterfly Heart die by Memory Box, but it's just so darn pretty that I've decided to share another.

 
For this card, I used the die with some lavender paper. Once the butterfly shape had been cut (all the butterflies remain attached at the top and bottom points of their bodies), I slipped a piece of scratch paper under each wing and inked it lightly with some purple ink. I also stamped the thank you beneath the heart. Once that was done I matted the lavender piece with some white cardstock and attached the whole thing to my dark purple card base.
 
I used a Viva Décor pen to add a little pearl to the center of each butterfly.
 
For the inside of my card, I used a butterfly border embossing folder which still left plenty of room for me to write a personal note.
 
I want to thank those of you who sent me get well wishes when I mentioned that I had experienced an awful bout of food poisoning. I want you to know that I am back to feeling 100% again. It is so nice to no longer have sore stomach muscles and to also have my appetite back (although it would be good for me to have kept THAT at bay for a while!).
 
Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

9 comments:

designbydonna said...

I am really in love with that butterfly heart die. Your card is so pretty. Sponging each butterfly wing took a lot of time but adds so much. And I also love that butterfly impression on the inside.

Lynne in NI said...

Ahhhh this is so pretty! I'll be adding that die to my wish list ;)
Sorry to hear you haven't been well, food poisoning is no fun at all!

Karen Petitt said...

Sorry to hear you've had food poisoning Cheryl. Unfortunately I've had it before and it's nasty - knocks the stuffing out of your body!
This card is beautiful! I love that butterfly die! I'll have to put the die and embossing folder on my wish list. Your card is stunning and very classy too Karen x

Sue said...

Cheryl, beautiful card, inside and out!
Glad you are feeling better.

Hugs
Sue

Glittered Paws said...

Beautiful - I have not seen this but oh my would think it would fit beautifully in my collection. Glad you are feeling a bit better.

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card Cheryl! Lovin' all the beautiful butterflies!

Maryvonne Coussé said...

Stunning card Chery , love the purple color !

Taunya Butler said...

This is stunningly gorgeous and Well done!! Love that heart of butterflies!! Butterflies give me so much hope!! And make my heart feel light!! SO this card is awesome and what a great idea to use embossing on the inside of the card!! Wonderful ideas are always found here at your blog!!!

Ammaris Art said...

Such a beautiful card Cheryl! I love these delicate butterflies!