Wish List

Friday, November 14, 2014

Happy 60th Anniversary...

This coming Sunday my aunt and uncle will celebrate their 60th wedding anniversary. That is a loooooong marriage! They are such a wonderful couple, and I am happy that I am able to go to the party. It is going to be a surprise for them, so I am curious to see how their three sons (my cousins) will pull it off. It's going to be held at their church in the afternoon, so their boys will have to have a reason for taking them there.

The 60th anniversary is the Diamond Anniversary, so I wanted to make them a card that included some silvery sparkle. Here's what I came up with:

I used a Darice embossing folder called "Photo Frame," and I inked around the edges with my silver ink pad. It has a nice sheen IRL, but it was impossible to catch it in a photo.


Please forgive the darkness of these photos. It's been cloudy a lot around here lately - and C.O.L.D. We've only gotten into the 20s for a high this past week. Ugh!




















I used my "Precious Hearts" dies by Memory Box to cut the two beribboned hearts from some silver glitter paper. It is truly sparkly! I added three gems underneath the sentiment (computer-generated) to suggest the diamond theme.













The inside of the card is quite plain. I did add some score lines on the top and bottom for a more finished look.















My favorite touch to the inside was to add the gem to the 6 in 60th. I hadn't actually planned this, but when I started adding gems, it seemed like a natural place to put one. And it fit perfectly!

My aunt and uncle don't read my blog, but I want to wish them a happy anniversary here anyway. I love you, Jean and Lyle, and I wish you many more happy years together!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

3 comments:

designbydonna said...

60 years--wow! I know your aunt and uncle will cherish this very special pretty hand made card.

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous 60th Anniversary card.
luv
Debby

Patti J said...

What a beautiful card, Cheryl! Your aunt and uncle are special people! Sixty years is a long time! Thanks for sharing!