Wish List

Friday, October 24, 2014

Sympathy card...

Sadly, we recently needed a sympathy card because a friend passed away from cancer. This is what I came up with:
I really like this embossing folder for sympathy cards. There's something so poignant about it. I embossed my piece of cardstock and then applied a little green chalk to highlight the bird and the reeds. It's very subtle, but it adds just a little something extra to the embossed pattern. The sentiment was stamped and heat embossed.

I kept the inside as "quiet" as I did the card front. I again heat embossed the sentiment with white embossing powder and added a couple of score lines at the top and bottom.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Even though we go through sad times in our lives, we must still remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

3 comments:

designbydonna said...

That is really beautiful. I have that folder and have not used it yet. I will surely get it out the next time I need a sympathy card. I like the scored lines as an accent inside.

Sherry Eckblad said...

Sympathy cards are always the hardest for me to create. You did a great job and I am sure your friends family will appreciate it. That is the first embossing folder I ever bought.

Karen Dunbrook said...

beautiful sympathy card..love the color....