Wish List

Friday, October 31, 2014

Happy Halloween!

Today I have a couple cards to show you, as I wish you and everyone out there a Happy Halloween:
This card is actually a 4-panel card. I matted and embellished all four panels on the inside and two panels on the back side. The one back panel is what actually is seen as the "front" of the card when it is folded together to put into an envelope.

Here are the four inside panels:

And here are the four back panels:

I left some space under the "Happy Haunting" on that left-hand panel where we can sign our names and write a brief note with a white gel pen.









One more card made using this same pattern:












These cards were each made from a 6" X 12" piece of cardstock, scored on the long side at 3", 6" and 9". I cut a right triangle from the two top corners of each panel.

That is to say, when the card was folded together, I measured 1/2" toward the center of the front panel from each top corner and 1" down the side from each top corner.  Then I connected those two points with a straight line and cut through all the panels at once.

I think the shape looks a bit like a coffin or a grave marker - good for Halloween, right?

I used various stickers, stamped images, cricut images and punched shapes to decorate the cards. You can also see some Halloween-themed washi tape and some glitter tape.

These were fun to make, but fairly time-consuming with six different panels to embellish on each card.

I hope your children or grandchildren have a safe and fun Halloween. Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

No comments: