Wish List

Friday, June 13, 2014

Lovely butterfly "hello" card...

I made this card for a friend who is also a member of our in-law family in Germany. She and I help each other buy dies that are more readily available (and less expensive) in our respective countries. She helped me purchase this beautiful butterfly die from Marianne Creatables. Now I know that these dies are available here in the U.S., but this one (along with a few others) happened to be less expensive in Europe where they are made. I'm so glad she helped me get it, because I really like it!



Don't you love the detail of this die? It cuts beautifully and comes out of the die quite easily.

The white doily  was cut with a Lifestyle Crafts die, and then I embossed it with my Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder.

The "hello" on the front of the card is an old Cuttlebug die - one of the first I ever owned, but I still use it quite a bit. I love the cursive look of this one.








On the inside of the card, I added a narrow scalloped strip of the DSP edged with a piece of the brown cardstock. Then I added a much smaller butterfly from a Martha Stewart punch.

I liked how this card turned out, and I think I'll be making more of these. I may leave the sentiment off until I know how I'll use them.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

3 comments:

debby4000 said...

Beautiful butterfly card.
luv
Debby

Anonymous said...

pretty card, so simple but pretty.mkw

Anonymous said...

I like this card simple but so pretty. mkw