Wish List

Friday, January 10, 2014

A Clean and Simple Thank You...

I finally decided to do something that was not related to a Christmas card or tag. Of course, I need to stock up on a few thank you cards again, so that was my first choice.

For this card, I adhered the patterned paper to the turquoise mat and then cut the oval out of both papers at the same time with a Spellbinders die.

I placed it on my card base and marked the position of the oval aperture with a pencil. That way I knew exactly where to stamp "Thank You," and I could easily erase the pencil marks before adhering everything together.



Here's a closer look where you can just see the slight shadow around the white oval, which indicates that it is recessed behind the black and white patterned paper.

A piece of bright ribbon added some color and I was done - in a matter of minutes!

I left the inside blank so that I have plenty of room to write my note of thanks.

I think I'm going to make a number of these with different patterned papers so that I have a supply on hand. I'm also working on a birthday card for my granddaughter who is turning 6 at the end of this month. I'll share that with you closer to the time of her big day. I don't want her to see it before she actually receives it!!

I also need to get going on my Valentine cards. With 10 grandkids to think about, I have a lot of cards to make! I've been surfing Pinterest looking for ideas and have collected a few. My problem is I write my ideas on little pieces of paper here and there and then I have a hard time keeping track of all those notes. I really need to get more organized in 2014!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

No comments: