Wish List

Sunday, December 15, 2013

More sweet Christmas birds...

I really had fun with several of the Christmas images from Sielkje's Digi Stamps and this is another card I made with one of Angelique's drawings:
Isn't this image so cute?  It would not necessarily have to be used for Christmas, since the little sign between the birds is actually blank. I used a tiny "Joy" stamp from Close To My Heart that I stamped with Versamark and then embossed with some sparkly red embossing powder.  I think this image would also be super cute for a number of other uses: new home card, welcome baby card, etc.

Do you see the dark blue patterned paper at the top of the card? This was actually a solid navy blue piece of CS on which I randomly stamped some snowflakes with white opaque Stazon ink. Now this ink didn't turn out to be exactly "opaque" and left more of a watermark of the snowflakes that I stamped. To make them a little more noticeable, I went back and dotted parts of the stamped snowflakes with a glitter pen. I actually really liked the final result. The glitter is a little more subtle IRL. When I took the picture, the reflection off the glitter really popped out.


I colored the image with my ProMarkers and added a little bit of sparkle to the snow flakes in the air with some Stickles.  Then I cut and matted it with some Spellbinders oval dies. The white border is a Martha Stewart punch. I've used a little red crochet thread for the bow.
Here's a peek at the inside of the card. This is a very CAS card, but that's generally the kind of cards I make.

I'm entering this card in the following challenge:
 
Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

3 comments:

designbydonna said...

Sweet bird image. And I love the snowflake border both inside and outside

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card, love the sweet birdy image and what a brilliant colour combo.
luv
Debby

Little K Smith said...

Thank you for joining us at PFP with this super sweet card :)
Kelly.x