Wish List

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

I have a "thing" for dies...

I don't know about you, but I am loving some of the dies that are available nowadays. Here is a card that I made with the "Precious Hearts" dies by Memory Box (sorry that the picture is a little out of focus!).

I purchased the heart dies on www.diesrus.com. I love their huge assortment of dies. There are so many interesting ones that I feel like a kid in a candy store when I visit their site. I only wish I didn't have to watch my craft budget so closely!!

Aren't those hearts hanging from a delicate ribbon pretty? After I cut out the hearts, I used an embossing tool to round out each heart a bit and give it some dimension. I used some spray adhesive to adhere the dainty ribbons and attached the hearts with a small foam square to help them keep their roundness. A couple of flat-backed gems added a little sparkle to the bows.

I didn't have any ribbon to match the green in the DSP, so I used a couple of ProMarkers blended together to get just the color I needed. I love that you can do that with alcohol markers.

The sentiment is actually embossed with some sparkly red embossing powder, but it's hard to see that in the photo.


I've only made about 50 cards for Christmas so far. I'd like to get another 25 or 30 made to make sure I have enough for everyone on our list. We'll see if I make it!!

I kept the inside of the card simple with a red mat and a stamped greeting. I definitely have to keep my cards simple now as I haven't much time to get them completed.

Are you still making Christmas cards? I'm thinking that if I decide to make an assortment of cards again (rather than mass-producing just one card), I'd better start making them much, much earlier. Is January too early to start making cards for Christmas in 2014?

Thanks for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

No comments: