Wish List

Friday, December 13, 2013

Happy Holidays card...

I saw a card similar to this on Pinterest, and thought I'd try my hand at making one. I really do like how it turned out.


I used papers from DCWV's Linen Closet. That pack has such pretty aqua papers.

I used some glitter paper for the snowflake, which is cut using a Spellbinders die. There are a number of dies in the set that all layer beautifully to make a very dimensional snowflake. I've used these dies a lot, and I'm certain I'll be using them more in the future.




Here's a little closer look at the layers. The layer that looks beige is really just an off-white glitter paper. It looks much whiter IRL.

You can also see in this angle shot that I used a circle die to cut a circle out of the aqua cardstock, setting the die just beyond the edge of the cardstock.

I also added a couple of ribbon tails under the left side of the snowflake to add another fun detail.






I used the cutout circle from the front to create a spot for my sentiment on the inside of the card. I added another glittery snowflake there, too. You can see from the shadows in the photo that It's only attached at the center and the spikes are allowed to bend slightly up for some added dimension.












Thanks so much for stopping by today, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

No comments: