Wish List

Monday, October 14, 2013

Double-slider Happy Birthday...

Our son-in-law's birthday is on October 16, so I decided to make a double-slider card for him. I don't know that I've ever made a slider card like this before, but it was easy and fun.

The sentiment in the above photo is a Fiskars stamp that I've used a few times for birthdays. I like it because I know I don't want to grow old OR grow up! The papers are from the GCD Studios Indian Summer paper stack. This particular stack has a lot of papers that work well for masculine cards. The polka dot paper is on the back side of the chevron patterned one.

Here is a picture of the card with the sliders out. All you do is pull on the blue tab on the topmost slider and as it is pulled out, so is the bottom slider. The sentiment on the lower slider is another one from Fiskar's and I'm not sure what company made the "Happy Birthday" stamp. It's a fun card - I played with it myself a few times before I put it in the envelope and sent it on its way. LOL

There are basic instructions for this card here on the Splitcoaststampers website. I like to look through their tutorials from time to time for some fresh ideas.

Thanks so much for stopping by today, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

No comments: