Wish List

Friday, October 18, 2013

A couple more Halloween side-step cards...



I am having a lot of fun creating these Halloween side-step cards for my grandkids. I embellished these two cards using mostly stickers that I picked up last year after Halloween. It feels a little like cheating to use stickers, but they were so inexpensive and so cute that I couldn't help but buy them.


Don't you love the expressions on the faces of these little ghosts? And I love that they have more than one layer. All of these stickers came in one package, which cost less than a dollar.

You can't see it in these photos but the ghosts and skulls (in the card below) are a glittery white. So fun!








I thought I was pretty clever, putting just this eyeball sticker on the inside. I did enhance the sticker a bit by adding some Diamond glaze to give the eyes a little shine.













Here's another card made with some more of these dimensional stickers. Notice that I added some Diamond Glaze to all of the eyeballs on this one. I did die cut that purple striped candy. It was left over from another project and I thought it added just a touch of "sweetness" to this ghoulish card. LOL


I have a Halloween banner stamp that I used for the inside of the card. I also used green and purple ProMarkers to color the banners to match the front.


If you'd like to see just how to make a side-step card, there's a great tutorial on Splitcoaststampers. This type of card can work for any occasion, and I find that they are a great way to use up some smaller pieces of DSP.


Thanks for stopping by today, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

1 comment:

Linda said...

wow, I am loving these cards. So cute!

Linda