Wish List

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Quick and easy thank you note...

I needed a quick thank you card recently, and wanted to try a card layout that I had seen somewhere on the net.

I cut a piece of white cardstock and a piece of pink striped cardstock to the width I needed for my card (5.25") and about 1" shorter than the height of the card. This made each piece 3.25" X 5.25".  I layed the white piece 1/8" from the top of my card base first and then temporarily adhered the patterend piece on top of the white so that it was 1/8" from the bottom of the card base.

I then lightly sketched a curvy line from side to side and cut on that line through both papers at the same time. This way I could stamp and emboss the top white piece separately, and it would match up perfectly with the striped piece when I was ready to adhere it permanently to the card base. I did my inking, stamping and embossing (Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder), and then adhered them both down.

I punched all the flowers from heavy vellum, using a Recollections daisy punch. In person, they do have some translucency, but it doesn't show up in the photo.

Then I colored them (except for the white ones) with some bright ProMarkers. I also punched out some leafy branches with an EK Success punch and colored those with a spring green marker. I know they look rather yellow in the picture, but, trust me, they're green. I adhered the flowers  and leaves with some glue dots.

The final step was to add a few flat-backed gems. I found this was a great way to use up some gems when I had only one or two left on a sheet.

 The card was done in just a few minutes. I think it would be fun to make a whole set of these with different sentiments. I am also going to try this with different weights of vellum for the flowers, to see if I can get even more translucency.

Thanks for stopping by today, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day!
Cheryl

3 comments:

designbydonna said...

That is really cute. I love the flowers. I have never colored on vellum--have to give it a try.

Patti J said...

This is so pretty, Cheryl. I agree...a whole set with different sentiments would be beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

This one is so pretty and I like the combination of papers that you used and the gems of course. You know me I like the bling!! pj