Wish List

Friday, June 21, 2013

Purple is one of my favorite colors...

Here's a birthday card I made for my stash that has LOTS of purple in it.  It all started with the pretty Prima purple rose that I had. I simply found some paper to coordinated with it and went from there.

I added a Zva Creative rhinestone flourish in a pale green that I thought would give the card the requisite "bling." Love my bling!

I punched a few more daisy-type flowers using a Recollections punch, inked the edges of the petals and added a green gem to the centers. I also punched some additional leaves with an EK Success punch.



The lacy ribbon was some I had in my stash. It's actually a wired ribbon, but to make it easier to work with, I just pulled the wires out. I did save them, though--these thin wires make great butterfly antennae.

I cut the frame using the Elegant Edges cartridge and inked the edges of it, as well.

I heat embossed the sentiment with some purple embossing powder.



For the inside, I added a purple mat and another shape just like the one on the front. Do you think I should have inked that, as well?

I really love the Elegant Edges cartridge. It has so many interesting frames and shapes. I just got it recently, and I'll be using it a lot in the future!






Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a FABULOUS weekend - the first truly Summer weekend of the year. Remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

1 comment:

debby4000 said...

Such a gorgeous card.
luv
Debby