Wish List

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Happy Birthday, Max!

Today my grandson Max celebrated his 8th birthday. He actually turned 8 last week, but the party was today. He has grown out of the cutesy cards and likes cards that aren't "for babies," as he puts it.

When I was deciding on what kind of card to make him this year, I knew it needed to be more masculine and more grown up. An image on the Father's Day cartridge gave me an idea, and this is what I came up with:
I don't think you can get much more masculine than a monster truck! The image on the cartridge doesn't have as many layers as you see here, but I just cut it out on different pieces of CS until I had what I needed. I thought it turned out pretty cool! I think the truck was cut at  about 3".

I honestly can't remember which cartridge I used for "Wish Big." It could have been Birthday Bash, but I may have even cut each word from a different cartridge. "Wish" was all one word that I layered on top of the letters for "BIG." I inked around the gray letters with some black ink.



I popped the truck up on foam tape to give it a little dimension. The banner was cut from some banner-patterned paper, which is such an easy way to add this embellishment! The "cracked" yellow paper came from the same pad as the banner--the paper stack is called "The Good Life" by Fancy Pants Designs. I love that stack and use it a lot.










The inside is pretty simple - another banner and a fun sentiment that I printed from my computer.

I sure hope Max had a Monster of a party. Hugs to you, Max, from Grammy and Papa! We can hardly believe you are EIGHT years old!!


Thanks for stopping by today. Leave a comment if you have the time. I love hearing from you, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day!
Cheryl

1 comment:

designbydonna said...

Such a cute boy card. My grandson will be 8 also. I love that distressed paper.