Wish List

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Wishing you a day filled with joy...

There is so much sadness in Boston and across the country today after yesterday's horrific bombing. My heart goes out to all those who lost loved ones, had friends or family members among the injured or who were present and forced to witness this evil thing.

I felt compelled to make a card that wished people joy, and I know that so many of you will join me in that wish.

I chose some pretty pastel papers and decided to use some flower embellishments that one of my daughters had given me for Christmas.


I stamped the stems and leaves, cut the top of the grass with a decorative edge scissors (haven't used those in a long time!) and heat-embossed the sentiment (a CTMH stamp) with a pale pink embossing powder. I inked the edges of the blue paper and the "grass." I also sponged a little ink across the sentiment and then wiped it off the embossing to highlight it a bit more.

CTMH has fabulous quality stamps.  This was a clear stamp with several choices as to how to end the sentiment

Here's a peek at the inside of the card. I used another of the flower embellishments and cut some more grass.

I heat-embossed the final word of the sentiment, and once again I highlighted it by sponging a little of the green ink around it.

The pretty pale papers are light enough to allow a hand-written note and signature.


Please hold all the people touched by the Boston bombing in your hearts and your prayers. Wish them healing from their emotional or physical wounds and also wish them joy.

Thanks so much for stopping by today, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

No comments: