Wish List

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Happy birthday card...

I have a granddaughter who turns 17 this month. I was going to use some sort of "fashion" theme for her birthday card, but then decided I'd do something completely different. She's a softy when it comes to animals, and I had stamped this cute image from Penny Black's Critter Party stamp set. It was begging to be colored, so I decided to use it for her card.

I had some pretty plaid paper that I think I had printed from either a cd I have of assorted papers or from an online site. I've had it so long, I just can't remember. Anyway, I used this paper for the background on the front of my card.
I made the little banner by carefully gluing some twine onto the front of the card and then adhering the hand cut flags with pop dots. The flagss were also run through my Cuttlebug in my Swiss Dots folder.

I cut the 17 with my Cricut - once from green cardstock and once from the magenta cardstock. I offset the magenta numbers just slightly to add a bit of a shadow. 

The Card Candi dots on either side were white, so I colored them to match with my ProMarkers. I love being able to do this - it means I've already got Card Candi to match all my papers. I have purchased most of my ProMarkers from carpediemstore.com. I think they have good prices and their service is great.



I kept the inside of the card simple, using a Fiskars sentiment stamp from their "Make a Wish" set. I added a little pink cupcake in the corner for some added interest.
 
Well, we had 10" of snow today. I got to help shovel our walks and driveway twice! It's good exercise, but my arms are a little sore right now. The snow seemed to get heavier and heavier with each shovelful. Oh, the joys of living in the upper Midwest!
 
 
Thanks for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day. Even if it snows 10" where you are!
Cheryl 
 


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great card for a 17 yr old. Snow is a problem for us after the last storm. Had a lot of blowing to do but he does the drive by hand. I kind of opted out of the job this winter! pj

Whimsey said...

ADORABLE; love the embossed banner; cute image!!

Thanks for joining us at LCI this week!

~Michele

Diane's Card Designs said...

Awww.....this is so sweet! You have done a fantastic job of the embossed bunting. Thanks for joinning us at LCI Challenge this fortnight.
Diane xx